Actress and former Miss USA Susie Castillo says she has been physically violated during a pat-down by an airport security guard in the US state of Texas.
Susie Castillo, 31, says she was sexually violated by a female security guard at the Dallas Fort Worth International Airport after she refused to go through a full body scanner, AFP reported.
"To say that I felt invaded is an understatement,'' Castillo said in a statement on her blog.
The Miss USA of 2003 has released a video of the April 21 incident on her website. Castillo has also begun a campaign on Twitter in an attempt to prevent “invasive” body searches by the US Transportation Security Administration (TSA).
Earlier this month, the circulation of a video showing a six-year-old girl being searched at the Louis Armstrong airport in New Orleans attracted worldwide attention.
According to TSA, some 2,000 complaints have been lodged against the organization from people who have passed through security checkpoints since the new screening procedures were implemented.
US administration officials claim pat-downs and full-body scanning at airports are purely for passengers' safety in the wake of a number of thwarted bomb plots against US-bound airliners.
About 1,000 full body scanners are expected to be stationed in US airports by the end of 2011.